Hood River County Driver Education
Serving: Hood River County High School
Hood River Driver Education Courses
For more information call 1-888-553-7483
Programs are required to run a minimum of 35 days including the behind the wheel.
- Class: 900
- Location: Hood River HS
- Course: Hood River Drivers Ed
- Days: Saturday
- Dates: Jan 11th – Mar 22nd
- Times: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Location: TBA
- Mandatory Parent Meeting 1st Session
- There is a mandatory parent meeting held the first class session
- The above schedule is for classroom time only. All class sessions are mandatory
- Behind the wheel lessons are scheduled outside of class time and will take longer to complete.
- We recommend 10 hours of driving prior to behind-the-wheel lessons
- Last day to register is Friday before class or when class is full
- PERMIT NUMBER REQUIRED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
- BRING A PHOTOCOPY OF THEIR PERMIT TO THE FIRST CLASS.
Hood River Drivers Ed
The Complete Package
Developing Lifelong Defensive Driving Skills
- The most complete & comprehensive program available
- Exceeds State Standards
- ODTI Instructors are TSPC Licensed Teachers and/or State Certified Driving Instructors
- Oregon Department of Transportation Approved Course
- 34 Hours of Classroom Instruction, 6 Hours of Driving, 6 Hours of Observation
Course Fee: The cost of the course is $315 for un-licensed minors and $525 for anyone 18 or older or licensed, and must be paid at the time of registration. Please make checks payable to Hood River County School District. Minors are able to take the course at a reduced cost due to ODOT’s reimbursement program.
IF THE STUDENT FAILS TO COMPLETE THE CLASS, TURNS 18 YEARS OF AGE BEFORE COMPLETION, OR ATTAINS HIS/HER DRIVER LICENSE PRIOR TO CLASS COMPLETION, S/HE IS NO LONGER ELIGIBLE FOR REIMBURSEMENT AND THEREFORE AN ADDITIONAL $210 WILL BE CHARGED.
Hood River Drivers Ed Course Non-Completion Form:
If at the end of the course, a student has not completed all work in order to pass, a non-completion form will be sent home explaining the reasons for the student not completing the course. The student will be given additional time to complete the necessary course work. If the class work has not been completed within the allotted time, the student will receive a failing grade. If the student is 15-17 years of age, he/she will be charged an additional $210 for non-completion.